International Internship Program06 April, 2015 Internships
We are looking for passionate, motivated, and energetic individuals to join the ITSA team as a volunteer. We welcome remote volunteers as well as interns working on the ground at our partner sites.
ITSA staff engage in workshop facilitation, curriculum implementation in order to empower students to think critically and creatively about social issues. Our Internship program offers three different positions within the program: Teaching Assistants, Workshop Leaders, and Publicity Directors.
- Teaching Assistants will support teachers in the classroom, by developing a curriculum, instructing students, and helping them to incorporate ITSA techniques in their lessons. Teaching Assistants work with K-12 students.
- Workshop Leaders will design curricula and leading ITSA workshops for high school students. The workshops aim to challenge students to think more critically about issues such as gender discrimination, human rights violations, and poverty.
- Publicity Directors manage ITSA’s social media presence, develop content for our blog, and collect media for future ITSA communications. This position can also be filled remotely.
- Remote Positions: We are always on the lookout for passionate individuals looking to develop their writing, research, and communication skills. We can create a customized experience for individuals interested in remote positions. In certain cases we may be able to pay a stipend. Please contact us directly at info@ITSAInternational.org.
- Program Dates: June 30 – August 3
- Eligibility: Mature High school students, undergraduate, and graduate students are all eligible to participate in our Internship program
- Program Location: Interns will spend a majority of time in Ahmedabad, India
- Housing: Students are all provided with homestay arrangements with an Indian family
- Application Deadline: February 28
The $ 1,780 program cost includes:
- Participants will be housed with caring home stay families who will provide accommodation, meals, and a fully immersive cultural experience.
- Transportation to all field sites and workshops
- Visits to cultural spots within Ahmedabad & other parts of India
- Program retreat trip
“Choosing to send in an application to become an intern was one of the best decisions I ever made, and I cannot sum up its worth and importance so neatly…going to India and being an intern for ITSA affects me still, every day, and I am in all respects continuously thankful for the opportunity.” –Emma King, Summer Intern
Want to Learn More?
Experience Indian culture first hand
Travel to historical sites, including palaces, forts, and Gandi’s home in Ahmedabad
Develop relationships with your host family and ITSA staff
Work with local leaders and NGOs and explore the forces of globalization